"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..." -Jesus Christ
WHAT IS BAPTISM?
What is baptism?
Baptism is a kind of ceremony in which a person who has received Jesus as their Savior wants to publicly proclaim to others, "I love Jesus and I'm not afraid to let others know where I stand." Simply put, it's an outward profession of where your heart is with Jesus Christ.
WHY DO WE THINK BAPTISM IS IMPORTANT?
- We love Jesus and baptism is an act of obedience to Jesus.
- It tells other people the story of what God has done in our lives, and it also tells the story of Jesus and His resurrection from the dead.
- In a way, it is a kind of "adoption ceremony" as it shows others we are children of God.
WHO IS BAPTISM FOR?
- Anyone who loves Jesus Christ and has committed their life to following Him.
- Anyone who has made a decision to follow Jesus and would like to proclaim this to thier friends, family, and church family.
- Someone ready to be "sold out" for God.
If you're interested in baptism or would like more info, contact Pastor Bob Coombe